Tender Care Home Health is a top home health agency across the states of Texas and New Mexico. Founded by health care professionals who are passionate about delivering excellence in patient care. Tender Care Home Health stands out from other agencies with their unique approach that focuses on practices that can be implemented immediately to ensure patient value, needs and preferences are identified, care options are presented, shared decision making occurs, self-management and self-care techniques are taught, and active collaboration and partnership with the patient is fostered. Tender Care Home Health has grown into a successful business that helps vulnerable adults improve their self-efficacy and gain back their independence.
Meet Your Home Healthcare Team
You can be assured of receiving visits from our highly-qualified staff including:
- Registered nurses
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Rehabilitation specialists - Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Medical social workers
- Home health aides
Our Healthcare Team provide a wide array of home care services including:
Skilled Nursing Services Tender Care Home Health’s nursing staff which includes Registered Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses that work as team members with patients, their families, and the community in a variety of ways. Home care Clinical Supervisors take requests for services from various members of the community and guide the patient, physicians, hospital discharge planners, family and friends to the most appropriate program services. At the request of the patient's physician, the nurse will perform an in-home assessment of the patients’ needs and, in coordination with the doctor, develop a plan of care to meet those needs.
Home Care Clinical Supervisors
- Coordinate care from hospital or convalescent facility to home
- Coordinate care through the MD without prior hospitalization
- Coordinate all necessary home care services
- Advocate for patient needs
Patient Care Skilled Nurse Specialties
- General Nursing
- Cardio/Pulmonary- Heart Failure and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Ostomy Care
- Diabetes Care
- Respiratory Care - Trache Care
- Medication administration Injections
- Pre/Post-Surgical Care
- Medication Management education
- Teaching and Training on Disease process, Self-Management, Symptom-Management,
- Promoting patient empowerment to manage their health
- Management of symptoms that promotes patient comfort
- Coordinate your care
- Help you plan for your future create action plans
- Behavioral Change Techniques
Home Infusion — Parenteral and enteral nutrition, antibiotics, hydration, pain management and injectable medications administration. Tender Care Home Health makes it possible to receive infusion therapy in the comfort of home. Whether recuperating from a short-term illness or managing a chronic condition, your will be free to live life on your own terms, surrounded by family and friends in a safe, familiar environment. Our team of specially trained infusion nurses work with your doctor to provide the care you need, where you are most comfortable -- at home. Infusion Services include
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Injectable Medications
- Pain Management
- Enteral Nutrition
Advanced Illness Management of High Risk Patients — Providing patients with home-based Chronic Disease Management, Palliative Care and Transition Management for patients with advanced illness. Helping You Take Control of Your Health, So You Can Focus More on Your Life. Tender Care Home Health implements a care management model that employs evidence-based principles of care coordination and transitions, palliative care, and self-management to patients with advanced illness. When given skilled, respectful coaching and care, patients can better manage their health. The focus of care for advanced illness is moved out of the hospital and into the home and community. Care is Customized to Meet Your Needs Once your team understands your health issues, lifestyle, and personal preferences, they will work with you to tailor a care plan that meets your needs.
Rehabilitative Physical Therapy (PT) — Training and exercises to regain movement and strength. Our physical therapists work with patients to help them achieve independent, functional mobility. We work with the patient's physician to develop and carry out an individualized plan of care. Services include but are not limited to:
- Assessment and evaluation of functional mobility
- Recommendation and use of assistive devices, prosthetics and orthotics
- Instruction in gait, transfer techniques, range of motion, and mobility skills
- Implement pre-and post-surgery protocols
- Exercises to improve balance and coordination
- Muscle re-education and muscle spasm relief
- Prevention of falls and safety promotion
- Teach and train caregivers
Rehabilitative Occupational Therapy (OT) — helps people recover from or adapt to disability and/or illness. Our occupational therapists work with the patient's physician to develop and carry out an individual treatment plan for each patient. Services Include:
- Assessment and evaluation of patients' status
- Planning and implementation of therapeutic programs
- Restore physical function
- Promote strength, coordination and balance
- Restore sensory/integrative function
- Improve level of independence in the safe performance of the activities of daily living (ADL)
- Teach compensation for impairments
- Design, fabricate and fit orthotic or self-help devices
Rehabilitative Speech Therapy — Exercises to regain movement and strength in speech. Speech therapy can improve overall communication and swallowing abilities. Individual treatment plans are designed to:
- Reteach speaking, reading or writing
- Improve auditory comprehension
- Improve orientation, memory and judgment skills
- Strengthen oral muscles for speech and swallowing
- Teach esophageal speech or use of electro-larynx
- Develop alternative communication systems
Medical Social Services — Help with emotional concerns related to your illness.
Nutrition Education — Our clinicians are here to advise on proper eating habits for staying healthy or recommend the appropriate diet based on your condition.
Education — Medication teaching, treatments and procedures, safety assessment and discharge planning.
Community Wellness Programs — We bring health care prevention and education to your home.
The Tender Care Home Health list of services begins where most agencies’ ends – translating to a quality plan of care that’s not only individualized, but also perfected by a team of medical professionals right from the start. We believe that this helps a patient accomplish his or her goals more quickly, and keeps them out of the hospital, enjoying life more fully.